Are you considering joining a business advisory board?
SME ThinkTank Advisory Boards help small to medium sized business owners looking to develop their business and leadership skills.
Our advisory board members
- do not ‘compete’ in the same field – enabling transparent, open sharing of confidential business information.
- know there is always something they can learn from another’s experience and knowledge. They don’t believe they know it all.
- are generally excellent at communication and do not fear expressing strong opinions. However, they are collaborative and supportive. They are smart enough to understand that ‘hearing’ other opinions will benefit them.
- are usually frank but with diplomacy. The environment is supportive so issues can be discussed openly.
- respect each member of their advisory board and avoid being judgemental.
- value the accountability their advisory board brings. They can stay on track, achieve their goals and keep performing at their best.
- have big ideas and enjoy working with others, whether on their own business or a board member’s business.
- have the ability to be flexible in their thinking enabling them to learn and grow. They like to be inspired and challenged by new approaches from different industries.
- are highly motivated to arrive on time, be prepared and they look forward to discussing their business.
Members have a high level of self-acceptance and strong desire for self-improvement. This allows them to switch easily from giving advice to reflecting and learning when presented with new ideas. They don’t fear getting out of their comfort zone.
SME Think Tank has helped grow their experienced, given a sense of control and connection and helped improve business success. They feel valued, strategic, understood and energised. Confident about the future, they certainly don’t ever feel alone.
Above all, SME ThinkTank advisory board members are optimistic, honest, positive, ethical, respectful, open and supportive.
Are you right for an SME ThinkTank advisory board?
Do you recognise yourself in the way our members conduct their business and engage with each other in their advisory groups? If your answer is yes then an SME ThinkTank advisory board may be ideal to help you take your business to the next level.
So what’s next?
If you would like to test whether an SME ThinkTank advisory board is right for you we can arrange for you to visit one of our groups.